Friday, September 15

Geeky squee.

I have a very love/hate relationship with Apple.

I love them because they come up with great geekies goodies for me to buy. I hate them because they come up with great geekies goodies for me to buy...every two weeks.

Within the past year I have bought four iPods, a computer, a laptop, an iPod case, ear phones, speakers, and a Mighty Mouse. I can't stop. Let's not even talk about what I drop at the iTunes store every New Music Tuesday. (By my conservative estimation, I single-handedly employ one Apple employee.)

My Apple purchases would probably be cut in half if Steve would just not be so darn creative and stop coming up with new product announcements every time he sneezes.

Take, for instance, the new iPod Shuffle. I have a 512 MB Shuffle. It's awesome. I don't even use it, but I know it's still awesome...even while it sits unused. It's like playing Russian Roulette with my music playlist because there is no display. Let's also not forget it's the size of a stick of gum. ...And who doesn't like gum.

Apparently the bar for "Awesome" has been raised once again, because it was newly revamped this week:

Apple Store

The thing is the size of their banner ad!* There's nothing to hold or even place in a pocket! It just clips!

I'm waiting for the day when the iPod is the size of a postage stamp, and people start accidently licking them, adhering them to envelopes and mailing people playlists. I bet 39 cent stamps will be a non-issue THEN.

Do I want one? Yes. Do I need one? Not unless I'm trying to win a contest.

Also newly revamped for Fall 2006, the Nano.


They ressurected the fun from the now defunct Mini and brought color back. What JT did for sexy, Apple is doing for MP3 players.

Let's hope they don't take it back...again.




*I have NO idea if that's true. Humor me.

0 comments: