Tuesday, October 3

Yummy squee.

"Chocolate or vanilla?" was probably the most confusing question I have been asked...ever while trying to ordering a Frosty at Wendy's. Don't you mean, "Chocolate or chocolate?"

Since 1969, there was no need to specify a flavor. If you ordered a Frosty, it was inherently chocolaty. In 2006, however, there is, so watch out.

I didn't even know there was such a thing until I was offered a choice. Out of pure curiosity, I elected to try the vanilla. I don't think anyone else knew, either. Wendy's should thank me for a 1% increase in Vanilla Frosty sales in the North East because of my story. I got at least five people to try the stuff.

Well, I've gotta tell you, it tastes exactly the way one think it would - like a Vanilla Frosty. If you're into vanilla, you'll love it. If you fear change or have a coco addiction, I think I should just let you be with the Original.

If you want to convert more VFF (Vanilla Frosty Fans), give them out for Halloween. (No, not the actual frozen dairy dessert. That would ruin someones hard-earned sweet stash. Coupons.) They're a great alternative to candy bars, unless you're lactose intolerant. 300 million Frostys are served at Wendy's every year, so they're in the minority on October 31st as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't the first restaurant-type establishment shaking things up. Beginning this week, Starbucks Coffee Company is sampling out breakfast sandwiches with their spiffy new warming station. I know many-a-Barista, and used to wear a green apron myself, so I was cool enough to try one last week.

As a fan of late-night breakfast sandwich snacking at rival Dunkin' Donuts, they're giving them a run for their money. Also, these are made in a really giant EZ Bake oven type device, and not a microwave. This, in a weird way, mimics the difference between Subway and Quiznos. It all comes down to liking things mmm...toasty.

Try them both and let us know if you think they're as squeeworthy as I do.

Did you know?
Research shows that nearly a third of adults have dipped french fries into a Frosty (or know someone who has). Whether or not this research is scientifically sound, I don't know.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. I TOTALLY dip my fries in a frosty... and now with the vanilla option, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

Oh yeah, and go have a Starbucks Breakfast Sandwich. Cuz they're good. Or even better, try the Toffee Almond Bar or Chocolate Chunk Cookie warmed. Now THAT is some good stuff!