Thursday, September 28

Geeky squee.

I remember when I bought my first iPod. I couldn't wait to have all my music in one spot and not have to lug around some dumb portable CD player ever again. I could wait, however, to rip the hundreds of CDs I had accumulated over the years. Ew.

After tackling 14 stacks of CDs, seven hours of monotonous iTunes babysitting, and going near-blind thanks to the constant flickering glow of my monitor, I had to put all these dumb things back into their jewel cases.

Why couldn't I just bribe someone with a bag of Cheetos to do this for me, I wondered.

Look no further, because I am about to do you a huge favor: www.riptopia.com

Yup. It may not be for a bag of puffy cheese snack goodness, but your time, vision, and sanity are well worth the expense.

For a $1.49 per CD, you can have each of your discs ripped at 192 kbps (That's a good thing, by the way...) complete with cover art, shipping and insurance. Your CDs and a DVD containing your newly ripped music is mailed back to you, ready for your iPod.

If you're really lazy, you can buy a preloaded iPod from Riptopia. They're Authorized Apple Resellers, so you know you're not getting some refurbished first generation brick back. It's just like buying a brand new one from the Apple Store, but all of your favorite songs are magically on it, right out of the box.

In other cool iPod news, ordering your iPod through Apple.com allows you to get free engraving and free shipping.

Squeeworthy engraving suggestions include:

- This iPod is filled with Squee!
- Warning: This iPod contains squee.
- I squee for music!
- I wish I paid a bag of Cheetos for this.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa... I could've used Riptopia like 8,400 songs ago!